Music Festival Pre-Contest Workshop
Date：17 Jan, 2016 (Sunday)
Venue：Recital Hall, Hong Kong City Hall
Fee：$150 (Performer) / $50 (Observer)
*Subject to availability
- Familiarize contesters with the competition by performing at one of the frequently used venues
- Play on one of the official grand pianos of the competition
- Obtain a second opinion from a professional adjudicator
- Tips shared by adjudicator
- Each performer will be presented a certificate
- Professional Adjudicator – Kent Lee
(Director of Hong Kong Association for Music Educators, Conductor of Hong Kong Wind Symphony and graduated from Trinity College of Music, London)
Kent Lee was born in Hong Kong and obtained his Bachelor of Music degree from theTrinity College of Music, London. In addition to his principal study of piano performance, he also studied orchestral conducting and Kodály musicianship. Mr. Lee spent eight years under the tutelage of internationally acclaimed solo pianist Christine Croshaw, who was the accompanist of the legendary violinist, Nathan Milstein, and assisted her teaching at the Trinity College of Music. Prior to that, he studied and graduated from the Hong Kong Institute of Education.
Mr. Lee is passionate about and experienced in conducting. He studied conducting first with the vocalist, Cheng Hon Shing, in Hong Kong, then studied orchestral conducting with Gregory Rose, Jonathan Tilbrook and Peter Stark at the Trinity College of Music and was the assistant conductor of Trinity’s opera production in 2004. He further advanced his orchestral conducting by studying with Colin Metters, the Director of Conducting of the Royal Academy of Music, and George Hurst at the Canford Summer School of Music. Mr. Lee has performed widely in London, including the major venue St James’s Church Piccadilly.
Mr. Lee is currently conducting the Hong Kong Wind Symphony, The Cecilian Singers at the St John’s Cathedral, the English Choir of the The Hong Kong Catholic Cathedral, and the Diocesan Choir of the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong. He is tutoring at the Hong Kong Institute of Education and HKU SPACE.
Terms & Conditions
- The latest news of the Workshop will be provided through the official homepage www.pianoteachers.com.hk and the announcements provided at the official homepage prevails.
- Every participant can perform one piece of music either from memory or score. Photocopies of music during performance are not allowed.
- Fee is non-refundable.
- Carol Ng’s Music Limited will not be liable for any matter or loss in relation to not duly or properly completed entries.
- All decisions on the comments of the performers by the adjudicator are final and are not disputable.
- Comment sheets will be distributed right after the Workshop. The comment sheets can also be sent by local surface mail with a surcharge of $80. Carol Ng’s Music Limited will not be responsible for any loss. All uncollected comment sheets will be destroyed within 2 months of the closing date of the Workshop.
- A grand piano and music stands will be provided by the venue. All other instrumentalists must provide their own instrument.
For any disputes, Carol Ng’s Music Limited reserves the discretionary right for final decisions.